OUR STANDARD FOR EXCELLENCE
Barlean's is committed to providing a range of dietary supplements that meet or exceed our customer’s expectations, and we have a history of building long-term partnerships with our customers and suppliers.
It is our philosophy to continuously improve and innovate in all aspects of our company organization. To that end, our quality systems, standards, and procedures are constantly reviewed to ensure that we extend beyond commonly accepted boundaries of excellence.
Thus, we are committed to satisfying and/or surpassing the requirements of retailers, consumers, and relevant national and international legislation on quality and food safety.
OUR COMMITMENT TO NON-GMO
Barlean's was the first flax oil manufacturer verified by the Non-GMO Project.
The Non-GMO Project is North America's only independent verification for products made according to rigorous best practices for GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) avoidance. Barlean's flax oil, lignan flax oil and cold-milled flaxseeds are in compliance with these Non-GMO Project standards, which include strict traceability and segregation requirements.
Barlean's flaxseeds and flax oils are 100% certified organic and have always been sourced from non-genetically modified crops.
According to Barlean's Owner, Bruce Barlean,"Flaxseeds should be unrefined, unfiltered and unadulterated. Science can't predict with 100% certainty what cause and effect genetically altering foods will do to our health long-term. Why then wouldn't we keep this naturally nutrient-rich, raw food just the way nature intended?"
• Our flax oil, lignan flax oil and cold-milled flaxeeds are Non-GMO verified by The Non-GMO Project of North America.
• Quality Assurance International is our organic certification. Our flax seed comes from organically certified, Non-GMO, North American growers.
• International Fish Oil Standards is our third-party certification entity for the entire Barlean's Fresh Catch® Fish Oil line. All of our fish oil products have received the ultimate 5-Star rating for potency of EFAs and purity in regard to all contaminants.
• Kosher Certification: Many of Barlean's products are currently Kosher certified. These include: FortiFlax®, Flax Oil, Lignan Flax Oil, Omega Twin, Lignan Omega Twin, Borage Oil, Chia Seed, non-fish Swirls and Coconut Oils.
• Our facility, located in the Pacific Northwest, meets the stringent inspections with flying colors and is a Good Manufacturing Practices certified facility.